Different Types And Styles Of Hearing Aids – Hearing loss or deafness is when an individual is unable to listen to sounds either wholly or partially. Some people are born with this, while others gradually lose their ability to hear due to old age or other biological factors. As per the NIDCD (National Institute of Deafness and Other Communication Disorders), around 25% of the population in our country between 65 and 74 have issues with hearing. Hearing aids in Mumbai use new technology that can help to overcome this problem. Hearing loss has multiple terms it is referred by:
- Conductive hearing loss
- Loss of hearing
- Decreased hearing.
The human ear is segregated into 3:
- Outer ear
- Middle ear
- Inner ear
Hearing happens when the sound wave travels from the outer ear to towards the eardrum, a thin membrane present in the middle of the ear. This thin membrane, and over it, are hundreds of tiny hairs that vibrate, which in turn converts into neurological signals to the brain, which perceives the act as hearing.
Why hearing aids are beneficial for a better quality of life:
There are various hearing aids in Mumbai invented to make the individual’s life easier who have a hearing defect. Some might hesitate to invest in them, but the following are a few pointers that should convince them that it is for the better good:
- The self-evident point is, the technology in big cities, the hearing aids in Mumbai is going to help the individuals hard-of-hearing hear more clearly. It helps clear out the murmurs and allows them to focus on only the voice or sound to which they want to listen.
- The health of the human brain is associated with all the human senses. The hearing act is also done by the human brain and not the ear itself. It directly correlates to brain health, as people with loss of hearing are at a higher risk of getting dementia, three times more than a person with average hearing.
- Lesser appointments with the doctor. It is going to be a game-changer, as lots of people have anxiety visiting a doctor, not just that, the bill for a consultation visit, and if those visits are frequent, then it could burn a hole in the pocket.
- Investing in good hearing aids in Mumbai offers a wide variety of hearing aids at all price points for different consumer bases. It is always advised to splurge a little and spend on a good quality hearing aid. It will guarantee that it is more economical as it will have a longer life span and will not get damaged easily.
- The new technology these days have gotten so advanced that, unlike hearing aids from the past, the ones manufactured now are predominantly wireless. Their Bluetooth connectivity helps collect data, and the assistance adjusts its hearing properties as per the user’s convenience.
Types and Styles of Hearing aids:
The following are a few types of hearing aids that are available in the market today:
- BTE (Behind the Ear): In this kind, the hearing component is encased and is present behind the ear. A clear acoustic tube has an earbud on the other end, which sits inside the ear. The clear amplified sound travels from the encased component, traveling through the tube to the earbud. It is one of the most common types of hearing aid available in the country and worldwide.
- RIC (Receiver in Canal): This is a hearing aid where the receiver/ speaker is present inside the ear canal, and the primary electric device is then connected to it by a thin wire. They are popular because of their sleek and stylish design.
- ITE (In the Ear): You have to make an order for this style of hearing aid, as it is one of the most significant types of custom-fit style out of the hearing aids available in the market today. It is customized so that the entire equipment is designed to fit in a small encasing, and it sits within the outer area of the ear, snug and compact.
- IIC (Invisible): This is the tiniest hearing aid to have been created. This style is designed such that the device custom fits the second ear canal of the individual. A small handle is available so that anyone can remove the device daily for cleaning purposes. It makes the device suitable for people of any age who want to be discreet.
If you have any doubts regarding Article and you want any personal advice related to health and fitness then so you can Comment Below your query or contact us without any hesitation. I will personally help to resolve your every issue. You can also find us on Twitter, Facebook, and Linkedin.