Different Types Of Push Ups – Push-ups is one of the amazing and best exercises for your full body. Push-ups is not an easy exercise. This exercise is also known as Warm-up exercise. This exercise is too beneficial so to gain its benefits you need to do push-ups daily. To do the same exercise daily you fell boring and start to irritate from this. For this problem, you can try Different Types of push-ups. Not for irritating purposes, there are many benefits of doing different types of push-ups.
In This Article, You Read About
- Different Types of Push Ups List
- Benefits of Doing Different Types of Push Ups.
- Results of Doing Different Types of Push Ups
- Top Rated And Light Rated Push Ups
Different Types Of Push Ups List
Before This, you should Know about push ups position. This term is used many times to minimize steps. In short push ups position means your complete body comes in the four. See Picture Of Push Ups Position
1. Wall Push-ups
This is the easiest type of push-ups type list. You can easily do this exercise at home easily.
- First, you stand near the wall and touches the hands to the wall.
- Then forward your chest towards the wall with the folding your hands.
- When your chest closer to the wall then come in original position again.
#Note:- This is the simplest push ups type from this list. If you are completely beginners in push ups then you should start push-ups workout from that types of push ups.
2. Inclined Push-ups
Incline push-ups is the second type of push-ups for beginners. For this type of push-up, you need an inclined surface.
- Choose any inclined surface like the table, chair etc.
- Then keep your hands slightly wider than shoulders on this inclined surface and foot on the ground.
- Then lower your chest to the inclined surface by bending elbows.
- After this raise your chest above by straightening your arms.
#Note:- During Inclined push-ups, you should need to keep your back straight.
3. Simple Push-ups
- First, come in the simple push-ups position.
- Then lower down the chest by bending arms.
- Hold for a second below.
- And Lift your Body(Chest) Upward by straighten your hands and comes in push-ups position again.
#Note:- This is the normal and first priority of push ups workout. This is common type of push ups. In the everyday schedule, you should add this type of push-ups.
4. Declined surface
This is the increment level of simple push-ups. It targets your chest, Biceps, and shoulders majorly. For the declined surface, you also need a chair or bench.
- First place your both legs on an inclined surface(chair, Bench) and put your hands slightly wider than shoulders on the ground.
- Then lower your chest by bending arms.
- After this hold for a second below raise your chest above by straightening your hands.
#Note:- Keep Straighten your back during the whole workout. This type of push-ups targets upper chest and shoulders muscles majorly.
5. Punch Push-ups
The additional benefits of doing Punch Push-Ups are It strengthens your fingers and punch also. Punch push ups steps are:-
- First, fold your fingers and make a punch.
- Then keep your both punches on the ground and comes in the push-ups position.
- Then lower down your chest by bending your elbows until chest just above the ground.
- After hold for a second straighten your hands by raising your chest.
#Note:- Keep your punch in the soft area to prevent from joints to injury of the hands. Try with small sets of this exercise and keep your back straight during the whole punch push-ups workout.
6. Wide Push-ups
Wide Push-ups majorly target your chest. In this type of push-ups, the load on the chest muscles are more than normal push-ups.
- Keep your both hands wider(More than Simple push-ups) than shoulders on the ground.
- Then turn your fings position by 90 degrees outside.
- After this lower down your chest slowly by bending arms.
- Then hold for a second and straighten your hands by raising your chest.
#Note:- For the increase in the level of the wide push-ups, you must place your hands wider. To making this exercise of pro-level, you should increase your wideness with every repetition.
7. Half Push-ups
This is one of that push-ups type in which speed of push-ups matters. Speed of push-ups direct related to the benefits. Steps of Doing Half Push-Ups Are:-
- First, come in the push-ups position.
- Then lower down your chest only half as the comparison of simple push-ups.
- And then comes in the push ups position again.
#Note:- That important thing which makes your this push-ups difficult is the speed of doing push-ups. The speed of doing half push-ups is double as simple push-ups. This exercise helps you to boost up the size of your biceps.
8. Fore Fingers Push-ups
Fore Fingers Push-ups help you to increase your finger’s strength and balancing power. Steps of doing fore finger push-ups are:-
- Firstly you make a cage of your fingers tightly.
- Then keep fingers in the ground and comes in the push ups position.
- After this lower down your chest slowly.
- And hold for a second and come in push-ups position gain.
- Then repeat again.
#Note:- Try this move safely. If you are not able to do that when you leave it. In this type of push ups fingers injury chances is too much. So dod this type of push ups with full alertness.
9. Diamond Push-ups
This exercise is beneficial for chest and triceps(Major Effect). Steps of doing diamond push-ups are:-
- First come in the push-ups position then Spread your fingers so that your index fingers and thumbs form a diamond, and extend your arms. This is your start position.
- Then Start lower down your chest with straight back by bending arms.
- After hold for a second below come in the original position again.
#Note:- In the beginning stage you may face the problem to lower down your chest.In that case, you can take the support of another person or after 4-5 attempts you can do this push ups easily.
10. Clap Push-ups
In this type of push-ups your speed and timing matters. If you miss any timing then you can face injury on the face directly.
- First, come in normal push-ups position
- Then start lower down your chest by bending arms(Just above the ground).
- After this build power to push the upper body in the air.
- Just as your arms reach full extension, pull your hands up off the floor.
- Then quickly clap near the chest.
- Then come in the original push-ups position before your body falling down.
#Note:- Clap fast in the air to prevent injury. This might make it tricky to begin the next clapping push up if you’re performing them in sequence, but it’s safer to land on bent, expectant arms. Landing in full extension may jar the elbows.
11. Fast Push-ups
This type helps you to improve push-ups stamina and strength of the upper body. Steps of doing fast push ups are:-
- Take a push-up position and put your hands a little wider than shoulders.
- Then lower down your chest by bending arms slowly.
- And Lift up your body in fast motion with every repetition.
- When you dow your body keep it simple but when you lift up lifts fastly.
#Note:- This type of push-ups helps you to increase the endurance and agility of your hands. This fast and slow motion of the push-ups direct effects to your arms muscles.
12. Hands Relaxing Push-Ups
It works on triceps, chest. These push-ups help you to relax your hands.
- First, take a push-ups position.
- Then lower down chest and core part until it touches to the ground.
- Now lift your palms off the floor as if you were about to row, pause, and then place them back on the floor and lift your body all the way up in a push-up position.
#Note:- Remember that only touch your chest and core part to the ground Not thighs.
13. V- Push-ups
It works on the shoulder, chest, and butt majorly.
- First comes in the traditionally Push-ups position and move upward your Hips.
- Stop when your body forms an upside-down “V” shape and between your torso and legs is a 90-degree angle. This will be your starting and ending position.
- Then make the opposite V-shaped position then start lower down your head by folding hands.
- Touch your head to the ground and reverse back in the original position of V.
#Note:- In starting do slowly and fewer repetitions. This exercise mainly purposes to increase your balancing power and target your all shoulder muscles.
14. One Leg Fold Push-ups
In this type of push-ups the role of balancing too much. Due to one leg in the air the pressure on the core increases.
- Hold your body in the half push-ups position.
- Then lift your one leg in the air and then Fold it half parallel to the butt.
- After folding take one push-up.
- When you come in original position then fold your another leg and do a slow push-up.
- In this after many repetitions, your lance of the legs may lose. So try less but Do perfect.
- This type of push-ups works for the core, arms, and chest.
#Note:-In the beginning stage, You may face problems in balancing your folded leg then you keep your folded leg foot balls on the ground surface.
15. Reverse Palms Push-ups
This type of push ups is completely different from all others push-ups. Steps of doing reverse push-ups are:-
- First, keep your palms as in reverse position as in simple push-ups. Instead of having your hands and fingers pointing forward, as they do with a standard pushup, your hands are flat, but with your fingers pointing back toward your feet.
- Then start lower down your chest with slow-motion by bending arms.
- After hold for s second come in the original position again.
#Note:- If you are a beginner then you face any problem with this type of push-ups. The main problem this push ups is you can feel some times pain in the joints of hands.
16. Leg Raise Push-Ups
In this, You Do push-ups with one leg only. These push-ups directly hit your core majorly.
- First, come in the push ups position then raise your one leg in the air straight.
- Then lower down your chest by bending arms.
- Hold for a second the lift up your body up by straightening your arms with the motion of the leg below.
#Note:- In starting you may confuse in the motion of the legs. But after 1-2 days of practice, you can easily do this type of push-ups easily.
17. Fly push-ups
- In this type of push-ups, you need strong stamina and power.
- Down you bodyweight as usual in push-ups.
- When you lift your body you raise your both hands in the air.
- You keep your both hands in the air as you want.
- Then come into normal push-up position again.
#Note:- This is my favorite type of push-ups. This is the most hardest push-ups in the list of different types of push ups. For doing this push ups perfectly every beginner takes minimum 10-15 days. The only method to do this type of push-ups perfectly is practice daily.
18. Position change push-ups
This type of push-up you need to change your position with every repetition.
- First, you do one simple push-up as you do.
- In the second you extended your hands by some inches and then do a push-up.
- And In the third, you extended your hands as your limit.
- Then come in the original position again and repeat this.
19. Shoulder touch push-ups
This type of push-ups is beneficial for your Sholders and chest both. In this, you do push-ups only with one hand.
- First, come in push ups position then lower down your chest by bending arms.
- Lift up your body and Touch your one hand to your opposite shoulder.
- And then come in the push ups position
- After this do with another hand.
#Note:- Fron first set you can easily feel that this type of push ups directly affects your core also. It helps you to increase your balancing and strength power of the arms.
20. Dog Bird Push-ups
This type of push-ups is different as its name.
- First, come in the push ups position.
- Then raise your right leg and left hands in the air for 1-2 seconds.
- And then again come in push ups position and do a simple push up.
- Do Another repetition with another left leg and right hand in the air.
#Note:- This type of push-ups is beneficial for chest and core. Dog bird is the special exercise of the core and it improves your strength and balancing power also.
21. Back Clap Push-ups
In this type of push-up, your speed of the body matters. Any mistake can cause small injuries in the face. Do every rep. with your full energy.
- First, come in push ups then lower down your chest by bending arms.
- Lift up your chest and hands with your energy in air.
- After lifting do a clap in the backside of the body in the air and comes in the push-up position again.
#Note:- Do clap fastly to prevent from the injuries. In the beginning stage you must place both hands on the foam to prevent from direct injury.
22. Knee Push-Ups
This is also known as a simple and beginning stage of push-ups. You can also be used this push-ups for relaxing your body also.
Simple Steps of Doing Knee Push-Ups Are:-
- Come in the push-up position.
- Then place your both knees on the floor.
- And fold your both legs to each other.
- Then lower down your chest by folding arms.
- And lift ups and repeat as usual.
#Note:- Try to do this type of push-ups slowly. In this push-ups, the chances of injury is 1 percent only.
23. One hand push-ups
In the type of push-ups, Balancing is in major role. This push up gives a very good impression on others. This type of push-ups is the next level push ups.
- Place both hands in the push-ups position.
- Then keep your one hand behind your back.
- Keep balancing push-up position in one hand.
- After some balancing lowers down your chest by bending one arm.
- And lift up after hold for 2-3 seconds below.
- Then do another rep. with the other hand or the same hand also.
#Note:- In the beginning stage of this push-ups you face lots of problem-related balancing, So you can take the support of another person
24. Alegatered push-ups
- In this type, your hand’s position will change.
- Keep your first hand near the mouth and another near the hips.
- Then do push-ups.
- To make it explosive change your hand’s position is opposite by taking an upper body jump.
25. Hindu Push-ups
This is the traditional type of push-up. This push up is famous in India most. His steps of doing push-ups are different from every type of push ups.
How To Do:-
- First, make your push-up position very well.
- Then raise hips and back in the air.
- Then lower down your only chest portion down by bending arms.
- Then forward your face by raising your chest and lower down your hips and back.
Then again come in push ups position and repeat these steps again.
#Note:- You can easily understand every step of these push-ups by this Gif above. For increasing the level of this type of push ups you can reverse this same steps after one repetitions.
These all are 25 different types of push ups and their benefits And results you read below.
What are the Benefits of Doing Different Types of Push Ups?
- Not Fell Boring:–Boring is that thing in which demotivates you for doing exercise. But these types of push-ups of resolving the problem of the boringness because in every type you finds the new experience of doing push-ups.
- Strong Core:-In the fitness world, Core is in the most important role. Other exercises makes your core stronger but different types of push ups makes your core strongest. And the strongest core is the key of good fitness. If you regularly follow these types of push-ups And some core workouts then you can also gain abs.
- Strong Upper Body:- In simple push-ups, you generally focus on the chest and biceps but if you are different types of push-ups then you do not need any type of workout to train your upper body. Different types of push ups are for different parts of the body. It makes your upper body strength awesome.
- Do-Anywhere & Any time:- In Other exercises, you need a specific time and other types of equipment to do this exercise. For example, you need morning time and an empty stomach for doing the core workout but in this, you did not need any difficult condition. You can do different types of push ups any time anywhere.
- It’s Impressive:- You know impression is such a great thing. Ever people want that he impressed another person in one move/the first meet. My first impression of the push-ups is I did a bet with other friends to do push-ups. They only do only 50-80 push-ups approx but I did 100 push-ups in a single set and I won the bet of $100. In this list of different types of push ups there are 12 push ups which are not able to do for every person in the first try.
- Arms Strength:- There is no doubt that every type of push-ups targets your arms majorly. If you are want to make big sportsmen in the field of tennis, basketball, volleyball like games then you should need an excellent arms strength. For making your arms strenght excellent at or at ground you should add different types of push ups in your workout.
- Basic And Easy:- All these different types of push ups are very basic and easy. Around 70 percent type os push ups easy for the beginners. All these push ups steps are very basic for all. The main negative point of different types of push ups are if you are doing push ups workout steps wrong then you may cause any serious pain and injury.
Results of Doing Different Types of Push Ups
The result motivates you to do more push ups. Such an amazing result get out from the different type of push-ups. Here you find day by day change in the body for doing push-ups. Read It:-
Top Rated And Light Rated Push-Ups
Here you find 25 types of push-ups for your push-ups workout. This list is very long for push-ups workout. For Push-Ups workout 5-6 types of push-ups are sufficient. From these top-rated low rated push-ups you can make a schedule of push-ups for the workout. In a normal push-ups workout you should do 3-4 top-rated push-ups and 3-4 light rated push-ups.
|Top Rated Push-Ups||Light Rated Push-Ups|
|One Hand Push-Ups||Knee Push-Ups|
|Hindu Push-Ups||Wall Push-Ups|
|V Push-Ups||Inclined Push-Ups|
|Fly Push-Ups||Hands Relaxing Push-Ups|
|Reverse Push-Ups||Fast Push-Ups|
Why Should Different types Of Push Ups Have More Value Than Simple Push Ups?
Nearly 90 percent of the people have chosen to do only simple push-ups. But when they start to do simple push they gain only selected benefits of the push-ups but if you are doing different types of push ups then you
That is the reason many people and gym trainers are recommended for different types of push-ups for perfect shape and results in less time. Once if you start to do these types of push-ups then after this you feel that without this push ups workouts your workout is incomplete. Make your push up workout complete by doing these different types of push-ups.
And Another reason is that different types of push ups are more beneficial and more interesting in comparison to the simple push-ups. If you are bored to do only do one type of push-ups then you can try these types of push-ups for the new experience.
These are the Different Types Of Push Ups and their results. All these different types of push ups you can easily do at home. If you are doing these types ofpush ups in the regular schedule then you do not need any types of workouts for train your upper body. Do not try to do all types of push ups in a single day. You should make a schedule of doing different types of push ups. or in addional you can read types of planks.
I hope you will gain all different types of push ups workout benefits and results. If you have any doubt regarding Different Types Of Push Ups Workout and you want any personal advice related this then so you can send me a message in Contact Us without any hesitation. I personalize solved your problem-related health care blog and from this article.
You Can Also Read:-